Saturday, April 18, 2009

Principal Visit

Wednesday, the Principal came to visit our apartment.

I guess the district wanted all principals to check out their native speakers living conditions to make sure we weren't swimming in a big pile of poo or something.

I was pretty nervous. You know, because first impressions count and all. And the Principal here is like God. Seriously.

So anyways, Mr. Ju (my co-teacher) and Principal came over right after school.
This is the summary of our meeting:

We enter into the apartment.
Principal gives me some orange juice as a present.
Mr. Ju says that it is dark in here. I turn on some lights.
Principal gestures to the frigde. He wants me to open it.
I open it.
He comments on the lack of kimchi in the fridge. (there was none).
Principal points to the microwave.
Asks if it is the schools or if I bought it.
I said it was the school.
Principal says "Whiskey?".
I say "No whiskey, do you want vodka or soju?"
He wants me to show him the vodka and the soju.
Principal asks how many bottles of vodka we drink in a month.
I nervously giggle, and say this bottle is special. Maybe it would take a couple of months to drink (wink wink).
Principal glances around the apartment.
Principal and Mr. Ju leave.

The whole exchange took less than three minutes. I guess we passed the apartment inspection.

No comments: