Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy April!!

Ahhh English Class!!! Wow! Time is going fast. Ed and I have been here for over 7 months...and it feels like it has just flown by!
Not much to write about. We've been busy working. Our extra night classes have started up again. We have a pretty decent group of girls this time around. We are still getting to know them, and some are still pretty shy to speak, but they all seem like they are going to do pretty well.

We've just been hanging out in Yeosu, playing soccer, hiking and enjoying the beautiful scenery! The weather has started to change, and well we have some great flowers coming out. Ed went on a fishing trip last weekend and I've gone a few hikes around Yeosu to see the 'beautiful Azeleas' (One of Yeosu's claim to fame). Its been really nice just to be able to get outside-ya know?
On a fun note, I've actually finally set up a E-Pal system with Deb Wallace (my old 8th grade reading teacher). My students are excited to write to America and hope to hear back from their epals! I had some pretty funny emails. One group of boys wants an American girlfriend. They supplied a phone number and everything. They even asked to meet up in 5 years because thats when they "are going to America." By far the funniest question was the one written by a group of girls. They wrote "Do you also have pimples on the face? We’re anxious about it because when we watch TV there are no Americans who have pimples." Ahhh the power of TV. Anyways so here are some pictures of the hike and my students!
The beautiful chemical plant in the background! Great....

3 comments:

Joe said...

Do you actually live that close to the chemical plant? If you come home with extra fingers and a twitch, I'm going to have you legally removed from the family- yeah I'm not kidding

Ed and Jen said...

Yuppers we do....wonderful right?

And what do you mean I'll be removed from the family--or rather I'm not already removed?

And I wont come home with an extra finger. More likely that my unborn children will have the extra parts. So you can legally remove them.

dad said...

We still love you even though you might have extra parts growing.....