Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthday Fun!

As most of you know, it was Ed's birthday last weekend. He turned the big 28! He is officially in his late twenties--oh god! Hehe!


In Yeosu, besides Ed's birthday, there are also aboutr 5 other people who celebrate their big days, all with in the same week. So we got together and organized some birthday festivities instead of individual parties. Here is what we did:


Friday night: Yeosu Scavengar Hunt.


Some kind people put together a huge, but incredibly fun list of things that we had to find/do around Yeochun (Ed and my part of Yeosu). We had to dress up, come up with a team name, and cheer. Below is one of the more creative costumes: Mimes. Not so out of the ordinary in the states, but in Yeosu, well lets just say they got some looks!


Ed Love


Saturday: Ed and I organized a "Party Bus" to take us to the local K-League soccer team, the Chunnam Dragons in the next town over, Gwangyang. This party bus was not just any ordinary bus, but rather a Norea-bus. Yes, thats right my friends. You can sing and dance and do silly things (well most silly things) on this bus for pretty cheap. Probably less than $200 US. And we had it all night long.


Lindsay "Birthday Boy" singing


As usual, I can't really tell you what happened at the game (yes I drank and talked too much) but I do know we tied. I believe, everyone had a great time, despite our team's non-winning.


My friend Meghan bought us "couple t's" Yup thats New Kids on the Block.


Nikki and I at the stop off at the Gwangyang bar: String




This is the last I saw of Ed and Dave. They went over to the cheering section to cheer for the Dragons. You can find them by looking for the pink shirt. That's Dave.


I ended up moving away from the cheering section, and about 1/2 way through the 2nd half Ed calls me and says "Take a picture". I follow up with "What are you talking about?". He said "look over at the cheering section." And well I did. What did I see? About 5 shirtless white boys in the middle cheering. The next thing I know, they are on the big screen on the TV. I guess Koreans aren't really used to this type of fan fair.



Thanks to our friend Paul, I have a close up!




Meg and I


Back on the Party Bus



And after the game we got some food. This is Ed and our friend Helen feeding each other. Yup!




Overall we had an AWESOME birthday weekend. We finally got to do something fun and great for one of our birthdays (and include our friends). I think we've started a trend of Birthday weekends. I know I wouldn't have traded the weekend for anything. And I'm sure that Ed wouldn't either. All we were missing was Family!! So next year, you all need to take your vacations in April. Its a fun time to be in Yeosu!

No comments: