Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Space Cadets!


Two weekends ago, a few friends, Ed and I went to a small island called Naro. While we mainly went there for its nice(ish) beach and good camping site, Naro had something entirely else to offer. KOREA'S SPACE CENTER!!
Naro's Beach
I do have to say, Korean Space Center does a much better job than Kennedy Space Center. Granted last time I was at Kennedy Space Center I was a sullen 20 year old on vacation with my parents, so I may not be the best judge (and it was eight years ago).But, I'm very impressed with Korean Space Center. Not only did it have realistic simulations, but plenty of buttons to press, which is always a plus in Ed and my museum book. And did I mention that it only cost 6 won (less than 5 bucks) for BOTH of us to get in?? Here are some of the highlights

Parabola microphone. I was actually talking to Ed here (he's at the opposite one and could hear me)Land Rover, with controls that worked! (did I mention they had a lot of buttons for us to push?)This screen. At least 10 minutes of enjoyment!


And Space Cadet Cut-Outs! Assa!!!
Just in case you missed the first one....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You weren't so sullen. Didn't we buy you icecream?
Mom