Thursday, October 8, 2009

K-Pop!!

Something pretty big is happening this Saturday.

Can you guess what it is?

I'll give you some hints:
1. We are going to Seoul.
2. It will be a first for both Ed and I.
3. Stephen Colbert
4. 'Biggest Korean Pop Star" EVER!!!
5. Time's Top 100: Are They Worthy


Did you guess?

Well if not, let me tell you! Ed and I are going to see RAIN (aka Bi) on Saturday!!!

I know, I know. You must be just as excited as we are, right? I mean come on: RAIN?!!!!?

Say what?
Wait a minute.
You don't know who or what Rain is??

Okay, I forgot. You're not in South Korea, so maybe you don't know Rain. Don't worry. I'll give you a quick bio (of course none of which is researched or cited--this is my own knowledge).

Basically in Korea you have something called K-Pop. These are young musical "geniuses" who hypnotize the Korean population with their catchy tunes, English catch phrases (remember "I want Nobody but you" by the Wondergirls??), and overall crazy, sexy, and surprisingly easy dance moves to emulate. Rain just happens to be one of the top Korean performers. He's considered an international star, and by all rights he is. Except he just can't seem to break 100% into the American music scene. However, he is still trying. Just in case you really want to know what kind of AWESOMENESS we will be seeing on Saturday, here is his video for Rainism:



Ed and I are super excited to be going to our first Korean K-Pop concert and way more excited that it is Rain that we will be able to see. Trust me when I say that there maybe lots of videos, pictures and overall joy from this event. And, of course, I will share it all with you!

Oh, and just in case you want to know why Steven Colbert is on the "hint list" here's why:

1 comment:

Mom said...

I KNEW IT! MICHAEL J ISN"T DEAD.
He's going by the name of Rain.
It's actually going to be a fun time. Be careful.
Love mom