Thursday, October 29, 2009

Whoo-hooo!! #100


So this is my 100th post! Usually not a big deal to big time bloggers, but for me, its a big deal. That means that there are 100 experiences on here that Ed and I have shared with you all. And trust me when I say that there are about 1000 more that we haven't written about.



Anyways, quick update: I still can't get the pictures to load, so you guys might be out of luck for our bigger albums. I'll upload some of the highlights, don't worry. Above and below are pictures from our trip to Boseong Tea Fields (world renowned).


I got the flu shot. I know not really huge news, however the process that it took to get one was amazing. Korea has been dealing with a shortage of flu shots (even the regular kind). I've been playing a "Yes we have it. No we don't" game with the local clinic. Fortunately my co-teacher, Mr. Joo rocks, and was able to get us two private shots (meaning instead of joining the cattle herd to get the shots--literally imagine a cattle herd and thats what it was like--he got us a private seating with 'saved' shots). I have to give a shout out to him. After we got the shots he turned and said to me "Now call your mother and tell her you won't get the flu." Haha!

Halloween is coming up. Yeosu's waygooks are getting costumed out. Yeosu's youth is getting more and more confused (although they definitely have the concept of "give me candy" down). I carved up a Jack o' Lantern with my extra class students yesterday, and well they loved it! It has been a hit with all the kids in every class thus far. I just wish I could afford to buy 22 pumpkins for every class, but well that might be too much!

Anyways thats about all the news on our end for now. Be sure to stay tuned for the Halloween photos and re-cap!

(seriously--this is how the dog was dressed up--we were stunned when we saw him. And yes that is a backpack on him, and shoes, and a diaper, and a hat, and dyed orange ears).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those tea fields are amazing! And Happy 100th Post :0)