Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ohhhhh Finally!!

There's a new song out (okay so maybe not so new--but its still being sung so that means very relevant!) that I'll admit has me hooked. It's title is Abracadabra by the Korean group Brown Eyed Girls. Now its gotten a double look because of the extremely sexy video (Brown Eyed Girls like to push the line a little bit). And the video did cause me to do a double take! Its a bit unusual for videos to go this far. Sometimes singers like to make references and do sexy dance moves to test the Korean censorship. They usually get out of it by using English words or 'emulating' western dances, then when they get in trouble, they claim "Oh I didn't know/understand" (yes, I'm referring to Rain and his 'magic stick' controversy).

Anyways, usually when a catchy song comes out, the kids all learn the dance and the song, then continually sing and dance like their idols until the new sensation comes out.

Well Ed and I were looking at the Brown Eyed Girls video the other day, and he happened to come across the second video that I've posted by the "Dirty Eyed Girls". I posted the second one because 1. I think its funny and 2. I have yet to come across a parody of another song this great from another set of Koreans! While the second video is just as suggestive and perhaps more controversial, I will say that I find it refreshing that Koreans are finally able to poke fun at themselves for their obsessive copying and do I dare say broach the subject of their men being possibly gay?? (ie: Korea doesn't have gays here, they have very metro men who are in touch with their feminine side; plus if you are gay you are either a foreigner or haven't eaten enough kim-chi).

Anyways, I'm not saying or implying in any way that these young men from the 2am/2pm K-Pop groups are gay...they just made a very happy video. And its finally nice to see something a bit different here. We don't get things like these videos everyday!

PS: I suggest watching the Brown Eyed Girls video first, then watching the Dirty Eyed Girls version. You'll 'get' their video much better if you do that.



No comments: