Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Life is Really Like...

Okay,

So I saw this video on one of my friends webpages and thought it was pretty funny, as well as a pretty accurate representation of our life here in S. Korea. It is a rap song, but watch it and you will be amused. And yes, those crazy visor hats are worn by every Korean, especially when exercising (when I'm walking to school, I get passed by what I call "Invisible People" because they have these hats on and are covered from head to toe--including head shields and gloves--so you can't see any part of their skin. I will try to get a picture for you all).

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=QjBfy_HVoSM.

Also I figured that you might want to know what they are saying, so here is a little vocabulary lesson:
Waygook- foreigner
Kam sa hamida- Thank you
Anyong haseyo- hello

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about those huge visors that are literally glorified plastic welding masks?? haha I hope so...

http://www.amazon.com/Cut-Clip-Adjustable-Visor-Lt-Blue/dp/B000FH0P76/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1222427834&sr=1-1

copy and paste that link, I think this is what you are talking about! If that doesn't work, go to Amazon.com or some place and type in UV Visor...

I might get one of those, they would probably come in handy on the T during the winter. Crazy Koreans...how can you eat rice with that covering your face??

Ed and Jen said...

Yeah that is what I'm talking about...its crazy. Now I know what to get you for Christmas. Nothing can pentrate the face shield. You'll look cool in one and get many ladies.

annehazard said...

Hi there! Enjoyed your latest additions. Looking forward to more.
Love you Grandma

Anonymous said...

haha if you get me one for Christmas, I may have more to talk about with the Korean lady downstairs. I told her you are teaching in SK and she started drafting the paperwork to adopt you...granted I told her you were teaching in a town called, Yuso, near Japan...she looked at me like I was crazy, but hey geopgrahy isn't my thing...