Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Best Korean Lunch Ever!!

Today I had the best Korean school lunch yet. I don't even think a lunch like this back home would excite me so much.

Corn Dogs!!!!

Yes, corn dogs. I can honestly say that I never craved a corn dog in America. Now I can't wait until the next Corn Dog Day. There was no fish, nothing I couldn't identify, nothing I had to make a face at in "curiosity". Just the glorious Corn Dog. It was wonderful. Ahhh. Just thinking about it now makes me almost want to cry because I know that it will be a long time until Corn Dog Day comes and visits me again. I will have to try to eat the normal Korean lunch, which up until today haven't really been that bad. Now they will just pale in comparison; my heart always longing for the Corn Dog. Its like I'm transported back to the days at Taft when Taco Day or Pizza Day would elicit extreme and utter excitement (almost to the point of jumping up and down--which I almost did today). Oh well....hopefully Corn Dog Day comes soon.

Anyways, I have some more photos for you all. Some are below, but most are at the linked site to the right.
I really have no idea what it says, but I had a friend write this comment. I feel it is accurate:

"Congratulations for making it this far. You are lucky that we, the Korean population, have eaten all of the wild life and therefore you are currently not in danger... unless of course someone has said something to irritate our hostile neighbours to the north... by which case you, lucky stander on the mountain, will be the first to feel their wrath."

Our Apartments (or Aptu in Korean)View of our Neighborhood

Rice Fields (or fields of something)

Yeosu Sea!




Another picture of Yeosu Sea!



Manseongni Beach where "The black sand on the beach has high radiation heat of far infrared rays expanding the capillary vessels to help blood circulation and accelerate secretion of sweat" (Yeosu Travel Guide and City Map).

Later that night at the same beach, there was infrared, glow and the dark algae. Perhaps because of high radiation, or just glow in the dark algae. Either way it was pretty damn cool

Well that's all for today. I have much more to tell, but I am trying to spread it out over a course of a few posts; sort of a new one every couple of days. So don't worry...you will have plenty to read at work!

Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey those pictures are awesome! How long did it take you to climb that mountain? I can't believe how close to the water you are...It looks like you guys are having a blast. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that a catastrophic typhoon does not come along and wipe out Yeosu along with the roads on which corn dogs are delivered!

Ed and Jen said...

Typhoon wiping out the roads on which corn dogs are delivered would be horrible. I don't even want to imagine such tragedy.

The hike only took about 45 minutes--it was pretty easy and right behind our house. We haven't gone back yet...but I plan to.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that they are corn dogs and not Octopus in disguise?

Kristina said...

Hi Guys!!!

Congratulations on the corn dog and all of the other wonderful experiences you are having. It sounds like a blast. We miss you but we are so happy you are having this amazaing opportunity. I've been in hysterics reading all your entries. Keep them coming!