Friday, January 9, 2009

Salam Datang from Bornieo!!

Hey All,

Just wanted to give you an update as to our travels. I'm up early (due to a miss-firing alarm clock) so I actually have some time to write. No pictures though--as I don't have the camera adapter with me!

All is going well here in Malaysia. Ed, Wendy (our friend that we are traveling with), and I are enjoying the food the most. It is a mix between Chinese, Thai, and Malay that is just so wonderful, especially different from Korean food! No Kimchi here!!

So far we've spent 2 days in Kuala Lumpur and now we are in Kutching, Boreno. It's rainy season here, so it is appropriately raining.

So far we have seen:

1.Petronas Towers--they are so much covered in steal that they don't even look real, especially at night)

2. Batu Caves--Very cool caves...and Hindu temple. The monkeys on the other hand were a bit scary. I'll admit, monkeys might be on my list of things that I'm scared of now.

3. Went into a Muslim mosque---we all had to wear purple robes because we weren't covered up enough...wait until you see the pictures

4. Visited a couple of neat museums, including one on Islamic art. That one was pretty amazing!

5. Flown a lot!


We've done some other things as well...but I'll write about that later. I just wanted to give you guys a quick update.

All is well and we are doing just fine. No incidents other than maybe paying too much for some things (Wendy is dissapointed in our bargining skills...so now we just tell her what we like and she gets it (bargins) for us)!!!

I will write more when I find time...Miss you and love you all!!

No comments: